Fantastic career Developing Opportunity in Scientific and Medical Research.
Home Based-Virtual 40-day work-experience opportunity
Scientist (remote home working)
Work Experience Description
The work requires attention to detail and a scientific mind to extract the key information from different sets of data, which includes scientific papers and reports. You will also be directed to specific pharmacology, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacogenomics resources as well as molecular biology and drug databases. You will be required to extract, review and analyse key data and then populate that in pre-formatted report files.
Although the placements involve remote working from home, there is a need to commit to 40 days in total with a minimum of 4 days a week. Therefore the 40 days can be completed over an agreed period of time. Each day runs from 9am to 5pm.
There are mandatory daily team progress meetings (via Microsoft teams) where you will explain and discuss work that is completed each morning, and how your data aligns with analysis carried out by team members. You will have daily support from an experienced researcher around any questions you have.
These are highly academic projects that allow you to use and develop your existing scientific skills.
On completing the 40-day placements, students will be issued with a Work Experience Certificate that confirms they have worked as a Scientist on the EMPOWER-1 Clinical Research study. The highest performing student will be awarded an additional Certificate confirming them as the Best Performing Scientist for that period.
Why work with Future Genetics?
- Opportunity to train your student mind to be sharper and better advanced in research
- Show that you have worked as a Scientist on your CV early in your career
- Future Genetics wants to train students as the next generation of scientists that get involved in ethical and value driven research early in their care
- Our organisation will benefit as we will be delivering on our goal of encouraging diversity and empowerment
What does the Work Experience Involve?
- An opportunity to gain experience as a Scientist working on a clinical research project
- You will follow a structured learning and development experience that will equip you with data analysis experience from multiple primary and secondary sources.
Desired Demonstrable Outcomes at the end of the experience
Key Skills in Scientific and Clinical Data Analysis – you will have Training Certificates confirming skills in areas that are relevant to your role as an analyst
Length of Work-Experience
A minimum commitment of 40 days is required (8 working hours a day)
How will you benefit?
Depending on the amount of time and effort invested in the opportunity, the project may provide:
- Certificate demonstrating that you have worked as a Scientist for 40 days
- A competitive advantage when applying for graduate opportunities in research as well as further education in the form of MSc or PhD training.
- Even if you move away from science, we hope that you will have acquired transferrable skills such as working under pressure, high level of attention to detail and meeting deadlines
These are voluntary placements that are unpaid.
- As these placements are open to undergraduate students, please forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using your university email account. Undergrad applications submitted via non-university email accounts cannot be processed.
- Graduate applicants are asked to apply using an uk email where possible. Otherwise, we would require the names of two academic referees and providing that information would signify your permission for us to verify that you have graduated from that particular university.
- Along with your CV, please also confirm the days (9am-5pm) where you are available
- We will contact applicants that have been successfully shortlisted for interview within 1 month of them applying.