8 Commitments – INVOLVE
As a database participant you agree to:
1. Give Future Genetics some of your Saliva (spit). which may be used to analyse your DNA.
2. Fill out some health questionnaires
3. Give Future Genetics permission to look at your medical & health records until you leave (withdraw) from the database or pass away
4. Allow Future Genetics to have access to your other health information held by the NHS
5. Future Genetics giving access to de-identified data to different third-parties in the UK and abroad for the purposes of research and development and education
6. Knowing that you can leave the database (withdraw) at any time, and you do not need to give any reason for changing your mind
7. Understanding that taking part in the database does not offer you any personal nor financial benefit, and instead it may help Future Genetics efforts to reduce health inequality by finding out which medicines are suitable/unsuitable for certain groups and communities in the UK
8. Giving us permission to possibly contact you in the future to ask you if you can give us additional biological samples e.g. some more saliva (spit), fill out questionnaires, or take part in a future study or database.