What causes high blood pressure?
What Causes High blood pressure?
It is difficult to precisely pinpoint one specific cause that may drive high blood pressure. However we know that there are risk factors associated with developing high blood pressure. These include
- If you are 65 years of age or more
- Being overweight or obese
- Having an African or Caribbean descent
- Having relatives who have high blood pressure
- Consuming too much salt
- Failing to eat enough Fruit and vegetables each day
- Failing to exercise regularly consuming too much alcohol or drinks that contain caffeine
- Not sleeping enough/ having sleep that is disturbed
Again, at future genetics we aim to reinforce the importance of individuals empowering themselves to lead healthier and longer lives.
Making lifestyle changing decisions that lead to a more healthier and hopefully happier outcomes can only be good so please consider this list and see how it can help you to avoid poor health and live better.