Epilepsy – Seeking Medical Help
Seeking medical help
If a person thinks that they have had a seizure then they should visit their GP so that tests can be carried out to confirm whether they have Epilepsy. The reason why tests are required is that there are a number of reasons that could explain a seizure event.
Epilepsy is a serious condition and therefore it is important to immediately dial 999 for an ambulance if:
- A person is having a seizure for the first time.
- A seizure continues for more than 5 minutes
- A person has a number of seizures in a short period of time
- The person is struggling to breathe properly
- The person has injured themselves.