Diabetes – Once a person knows they have type 2 Diabetes?
Once a person knows that they have type 2 Diabetes
There are five main things that you may have to do after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes:
- Start taking your diabetes medicines.
- Change your diet and start exercising regularly.
- Visit your doctor’s surgery more often so that they can monitor your diabetes.
- Empower yourself by becoming familiar with warning signs associated with potential future complications.
- Educate yourself by signing up to free type 2 diabetes education courses. These are available both face to face or online. Please ask your doctor on how you can sign up.